PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Dynamics: Gyroscopic Precession
Old 26th Mar 2014, 22:33
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes AC 'precessing' of the cliff recirculation would be at 90deg - if even detectable above the normal attitude correction inputs from the pilot. It was a point of misunderstanding that Crab has learnt here (unlike the CFS notes of his generation, which had people being 'sucked into the cliff'), as were the other points. Yes my point initially was that of CoP moving with Asymetric aerofoils - crab refuted it (with the Gazelle point) etc you're making fun of the wrong person. Furthermore he thought that IIMC was just an inevitable consequence of flight in bad weather. And he put up an arguement along with allsorts of nonsense arguements about people being caught in Vortex ring for numbers of thousands of feet. All ridiculous ideas. Mostly now modified by him through learning here. and as far as i recall crab started out as a 90deg gyroscopic precession proponant before participating here.

Dissymetry of Lift is eliminated by Cyclically Varying Pitch - not Flapping to Equality. Clear enough for you?

(failed to make myself understood by you perhaps. you are still wrong. and argued all sorts of nonsense about flapping referenced to the control plane - which is not a normal reference for flapping. Wouldn't answer the question about which reference for flapping you use.)

Furthermore the descent into name calling is where crab normally goes when he gets himself in a muddle. Don't debase yourself AC you normally are one of the few who makes technical sense.

Last edited by AnFI; 26th Mar 2014 at 23:12.