PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 26th Mar 2014, 17:27
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have raised this question before and was immediately rebuffed by SaSless as knowing nothing about it. But I will again ask what is for me, the big black elephant in the room on this accident.

If we are to believe all that we have said on the subject, this aircraft took off on a job some considerable distance from its base and was airborne for probably well over 2 hours and at the time of the accident was nearing its base short of fuel. Yet appears for some reason to have diverted shortly before the crash.

Yet in all this time there appears to have been no recorded conversations or comments from the Police crew to their control room despite the fact that fuel was critical and warning lights illuminated.

No relavent conversation? No conversation at all? Frankly Gentlemen, I don't believe it! I have flown many many tasks in the roll of Police Air Observer and I know that I kept my control room aware of our position and status at all times. AND so did that crew! I will bet my life on it!

I appreciate that we cannot expect to be told everything but the powers that be will know what that crew were saying and as a result will have a pretty good steer on what went wrong.

Was it anything to do with the extended coverage that that machine was expected to serve since the amalgamation of forces? Is the same Elephant stalking UK operations with the depleted fleet? Was the Control; room over controling and demanding too much from that aircraft so short of fuel? The answers will be in those control room tapes! Bet your bottom dollar on it!

TF