PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Investigation Report Out Boeing 737-210C Controlled flight into terrain
Old 26th Mar 2014, 14:00
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alioth, like PEI372, I have spent a fair chunk of my life sitting around the edge, or sitting in, smoking holes in the ground trying not to puke and do my job, so forgive me if I find your assesment of this crash to be a little simplistic. I for one cannot find any reference to reading "needle impact traces" on the Captains HSI as to what his side of the office was in fact indicating, its maybe in there, but I havnt been able to find it as yet. The placing of a "lash up" military ATC l system using uncalerbrated equipment and personell was in fact the first link in this chain of events, this doesnt change the fact that the crew were in a state of obvious overload and confusion in the last seconds of flight, but it certainly played a part and deserves more than a passing mention in the report, if one adds in the highly modified state of the avionics on these older aircraft, with set ups which have many traps and pitfalls its suprising there are not more CFIT incidents. The post by PE1372 should be mandatory reading for all in Nav Canada and Transport Canada.