PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Investigation Report Out Boeing 737-210C Controlled flight into terrain
Old 26th Mar 2014, 08:35
lear60fellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is quite common in some companies, so let me explain my story on a future accident.

Last year I had to give line trainning to a captain fresh from sim on a new aircraft, 15.000 hours and had flown many different aircrafts. On the first days I noticed that something was going wrong with him. Another trainning captain took him over and had the same problems.

On my return with him I found out that he had no idea how to IFR, and I mean no idea!!! I donīt know how he passed sim at CAE. Further more asking other pilots they already new that, even OPS manager, but company didnīt care.

But that was not enough, he didnīt know how to read a METAR, avoid a thunderstorm or basic stuff like calculating fuel, etc.

We recommended to ground him and go back to basic flight school. What happened? company had him on trainning with a TRE for 10 months non-stop but still has no idea, fired us and let him fly...