PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2014, 02:57
AirTrafficOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Military Interference

Like millions of others I'm watching this saga with intense interest. I just flew as pax 6 sectors with AirAsia through Malaysian airspace. I'm a former Captain rank ATC (in an Air Defence environment too) and civilian ATC and pilot. I'm going to throw this in there.
Not much talk of military interference causing the loss of this aircraft. Just say there was a SNAFU (or deliberate) downing. Just say. The country involved steams its ships to the crash site and collects all the debris and bodies.
The Malaysian Air Defence RADAR is spoofed by Mil ECM. Unless you have a very experienced operator, complex spoofing is very hard to detect. How 'hardened' against this type of attack is the Malaysian system? We don't know.

Equally, we have no idea how 'hardened' the Inmarsat system is against a similar spoofing attack.

All have to agree that this is whole event is just bizarre.

There are NO SATELLITE IMAGES ANYWHERE that show a B777 IN FLIGHT along a pathway to the southern Indian ocean? Are you kidding me? None?

Please don't go into attack mode - just throwing it in there... Nothing I've seen so far makes much sense...

Cheers