PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust on during flare...Q for AIRBUS test pilots...
Old 25th Mar 2014, 21:58
nitpicker330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
737jock---I think we agreed earlier that power + Atitude = Performance and that one will obviously effect the other.

Have you flown only the 737? Because I've flown both and can tell you that the 777 with its FBW will also maintain approx the same attitude if you change the thrust unlike non FBW Boeing's.

However be that as it may, Boeing and Airbus tech Pilots teach Pitch to control the profile and Thrust to control the speed followed by Pitch to Flare.

Both myself and Bloggs quoted the training manuals which are quite clear on the subject of pitch control during the flare and speed management on the approach.

Boeing and Airbus teach that during a manual approach they suggest the use of auto thrust ( or auto throttle ) to control the speed. This is the way it's done end if story full stop.

No amount of bull**** spewing from the crack pot Noodle will change that.

So what happens on an approach if you are on slope but 15 kts slow? 1/ you add thrust 2/ you maintain pitch attitude
That's what the manufacturer says to do and I don't see the point to do otherwise. Is noodle suggesting in that case he's going to push forward to regain the speed then increase thrust?does he think that's a good idea at low level? Because I don't think it is and neither do the manufacturers. Does he ever fly approaches manually with auto thrust? So why change techniques with or without auto thrust?

Don't get me started about his flare technique.......wow

Crazy people trying to re invent the damn wheel!!

Last edited by nitpicker330; 25th Mar 2014 at 22:15.