PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2014, 20:05
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by compton3bravo
That is the problem - we donīt. Some of the destinations being suggested sound to me like 10 to 20 pax max. How many people from the Essex and surrounding areas would want to go to Groningen - lovely city and oil related while Essex is not. Be very afraid I am sorry to say plus the lead-in time is not ideal - not much time for publicity, advertising etc. Sorry to be so negative but that is how I see it.
To take Groningen as an example, I wouldn't expect many passengers from Essex - but that's not really the target market IMHO: I'd expect the traffic to be maybe 80%+ Dutch. The attraction is not Essex (or Groningen), the attraction is that this is a convenient direct flight to London for a market that doesn't have such a service.

Some other destinations may have a higher proportion of UK-originating traffic but in general I see the marketing task as telling people in a few distinct and relatively small continental European markets that they now have the option of a direct flight to London.