PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firefox
Thread: Firefox
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2014, 19:31
G-CPTN
Resident insomniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Firefox almost exclusively.

I only resort to IE when FF malfunctions (like now).

Earlier today, FF (27.0.1) 'froze' (my whole computer froze and I had to press the on/off switch and reboot).

When I opened FF I found that it wouldn't open my Hotmail emails (Hotmail will load but won't open the messages - this works just fine in IE). I also found that 'Restore previous session' was 'empty'.

I clicked on 'Help' and when I opened the 'About Firefox' tab it downloaded FF 28.0 (requiring FF to be restarted) but it still wouldn't open email messages.

Now it is running PPRuNe in reduced graphics 'text only' format without the usual coloured borders - this also applies to another bulletin-board site that I use.
It sees to be a 'memory' problem.

I have read that I can reset FF to its default state - but I will lose my extensions and add-ons (and will, presumably, lose my AdBlock Plus settings and ReminderFox entries - which are very important ones for me that I don't even want to contemplate losing).

Am I doomed and will have to bite the bullet and reset FF to default and lose the data - or will I have to continue using IE in order to access my Hotmail messages and get PPRuNe in full colour format?