PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust on during flare...Q for AIRBUS test pilots...
Old 25th Mar 2014, 17:45
worldrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure why you are pointing fingers at Noodle.

There is no doubt that flying a jet -manually- one should use his pitch to control airspeed WHILE controlling the thrust to maintain the path he aims for.

They are interconnected as performance factors, so they go hand in hand as said already BUT, you do not control speed with thrust, and you also do not control path by pulling or pushing the yoke. Not in a Boeing. I don't know about Airbus so cannot comment, but I assume even Airbus without computer intervention follows the same laws sod physics.

Do correct me if I am wrong.

Keep the thread free of personal conflicts, lets try to present professional opinions without criticism. You all fly your aircraft, no need to play peacock here.
That said, I have noticed that members who easily jump into a discussion with the wrong answer (excess speed and always happy to point fingers at someone) find it very difficult to admit their mistake and keep being a part of the conversation in a more helpful way.
Sure nobody flies a heavy Boeing like a piston prop. Come on…..