PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 2016?
Thread: SDSR 2016?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2014, 09:02
Party Animal

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Sadly, I suspect the survey that Redders alludes to is probably very accurate although, it would support the views of Stendec 5 (and the vast majority of our population), to put Overseas Aid on hold at the very least.

I would like to see SDSR 15 supervised by a cross party committee that analysed the views of our Defence Chiefs but then made a STRATEGIC decision on what is right for the country, what is right for the next 20 years, how much it would cost and an acceptance that no matter which party was in power, the insurance policy of defence should be maintained and ring fenced funded accordingly.

What we actually got in SDSR 10 was purely a cost cutting exercise with in fighting between the 3 Defence Chiefs. A totally independant body should decide what is best for the UK, not an inexperienced minister agreeing to what our Defence leaders told him is best for the Army, RN and RAF in isolation. Perhaps a beefed up HCDC with teeth?

Then again, I'd like to see a political party that made strategic decisions on what is best for the UK long term, rather than pandering to short term voting to stay in power at all costs.....

pr00ne,

Quick question - when I'm trying to make a caramel macciato at home, how much milk should be mixed with the water and what boiling temperature should I use?