PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Light Aircraft Championships
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2014, 07:23
Stikybeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes Ultralights,

Good on you for posting that link. It actually inspired me to dig out my original folder where all that stuff was handed out to students in loose leaf form well before N.K wrote those articles. I remember only too well the early days of the Sydney Aerobatic School (where I did my aerobatic endorsements) and the inevitable "K" factor that was part of any flight test undertaken. You could always back it in that a power failure would be part of it at any unpredictable stage and if the "funnell approach" was not executed exactly as instructed it would mean a fail, regardless of how well you had performed the particular phase of flight under test. After all, when the rubber band breaks you better have a plan... I also remember bruised ribs from E.L's left elbow and the terrors as associated with the initial inverted spinning instruction from N.P who is now a captain on QF B737's....I'm sure that Joel and Enzo would also remember those fun times.... Also, not to forget the R2160 fleet, Red, blue, black, yellow, all colours and great aircraft!....those were the days!

Any student would be well advised to read those articles.

Thanks,
Stiky