PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2014, 06:45
Blake777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marty

I haven't seen much true wavering from the position that 200WNW of Penang was the last trace of MH370. Someone here posted a link to a Chinese paper which reproduced the military primary radar data as shown to Chinese relatives. I took a copy but no longer have the actual link.

It all depends if you believe there is sufficient evidence that the aircraft tracked west of the Malacca Straits, or whether you want to believe it could have been a ghost plane after a failed attempt to head to a nearby airport or perhaps KL.. Either way, I think Capt Kremin's point stands that a ghost plane scenario will have been determined to have been either true or false depending on the location of the final six pings. As we don't have that information, we can only surmise that investigators have come to the position that the diversion was a deliberate act because they do have that information, which would probably show that a direct heading south in a straight line had to have had human input and could not be simply a ghost plane flying itself after a catastrophe.

Time will eventually tell, and even though the search is daunting, I feel we will get some answers, even if not all of them. We must go wherever the evidence leads.