PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye XP?
Thread: Bye Bye XP?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 23:23
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me with your ability to cajole and communicate that you might have more luck in setting enforced standards that the millions of us have to follow
Its simple....

You pay me, I'll happily sit there hold your hand and dance around on eggshells waffling away paragraphs of nicely composed rose-tinted advice....

However, expect me to give you advice for free when you don't even fall into the "family & friends" category ? Sure I'll spend a little time here giving you advice, and of course it will be technically accurate..... but its going to be brief and to the point, I'm not going to beat about the bush.

And when it comes to certain topics, like Windows XP. There is no debate to be had.... no matter who you ask in the technical community, pro, anti or neutral Microsoft .... the answer will be the same you are taking substantial risks running XP after its expiry in April. I really fail to see what's so difficult to grasp about the concepts, and why the complaints about something Microsoft have given you years of notice for ! You've had the time to prepare, now just bite that darn bullet and make the switch !

None of the XP clinger-ons on this forum has demonstrated to me an ounce of viable justification as to why they must continue using XP other than their pure stubbornness....