PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye XP?
Thread: Bye Bye XP?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 22:54
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Agreed. My earlier post was not read properly (even though I typed it very slowly ), and a totally false assumption and useless response resulted.

One thing really worries about these promises of the end of the world for anyone who turns on an XP computer connected to the WWW on the morning of the 9th April.

They are asserted with such confidence that I find myself wondering if those who make them aren't in the know in some degree or another with the people who are writing these nasties. The more I read about this, the harder it becomes to evade that conclusion. I'm sorry about that, it's almost certainly the case that they aren't, but given the absolute confidence of those assertions it is becoming ever more difficult to dismiss an uneasy connection.

Fact is that millions of XP computers will be going on line on April 9th just as the were on the 8th. No amount of gentle coaxing otherwise within these peaceful walls will change that. If the online world comes to an end as a consequence, the media will go for the obvious target and it won't be pretty for the big M.

FOR