PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 19:28
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I started to read these forums a few years ago I was fascinated by the information shared and the ideas discussed. Debate seemed to be of a higher standard and rarely personal.

However in recent months the negativity that has been creeping in has saddened me. There appear to be a growing number of posters who delight in making carping criticisms of anybody or anything of which they disapprove. They rarely offer credible alternatives or reasoned argument. I sometimes wonder how the civil airline industry survives without employing the wisdom of the numerous armchair airline CEOs on some of these threads.

It would be intolerable if these worldwide respected forums became the home to 'trolls'.

For example we have a 'rumoured' announcement by Flybe of some changes to corporate identity. Does this really warrant such sarcastic and scornful responses?
I have no connection with the company. I am just making an observation.

Likewise I find the idea of 'loving' or 'hating' an airline quite absurd. Maybe people who get so emotional about a non-living entity need to get out more!!

So please lets keep it informative and interesting. Of course there will be disagreement and debate but it doesn't have to be unpleasant or personal.

V.

Last edited by vectisman; 24th Mar 2014 at 19:49. Reason: Grammar