PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 17:04
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T KNOCK THE OTHER FORUM

Monkey
Thanks for your kind comments, I have been also proud of your efforts to get the debate on track. Keep it up.

Coggie and Maxi
I'm the first to admit that the alternative Forum does not have much yet. And yes, it is because we have been focusing on the election issues on this Forum. However, you need to keep in mind that it is an "apolitical" Forum for which we threw in some $ to provide an alternative to the much loved AOPA Forum after it was turned off.

There are two things in its favour.
First, it doesn't have all this crap on it.
Second, it is there to debate the multitude of AOPA issues that were on the AOPA Forum and are now in limbo until after the election. It dovetails nicely with PP and I admire Woomera's earlier positive comments about it and also the other Andrews efforts in getting it up and running.

All
In regard to the comments re Bill H, I am Irish/German and will run a mile to get into a fight where warranted. My dealings with Bill have always been great; he actually talked me out of resigning some years ago; and I have seen him in action talking to groups absolutely positively and pro-actively. I have not found reason to run and fight him.

A knife can be used to kill someone or cut up dinner. It boils down to the intent and ability of its user. I want an AOPA Board that can resolve their personal differences and get on with realities, using the Board members to cut up dinner not each other. All the crap about hand picked groups necessary to collaborate ignores the big reality that the AOPA Board won't get to pick the Minister, the CASA negotiators, etc so if they cannot unite internally what hope of dealing externally.

And, I said this yonks ago, even ignoring the AUF we remain divided between AOPA and ASA. I have yet to see a thought on "reconciliation" with Boyd and Jim, or sectioning the work between the two organisations. I guess they wouldn't be rushing to join this quagmire as evinced by the general content of this Forum. Divided we fall.

Twas glorious Sunday over Westernport with no wind, bumps, etc. A rare great flying day, and the election completely out of mind.
Cheers