PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye XP?
Thread: Bye Bye XP?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 17:22
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other than something like Zone Alarm where each internet connection has to be 'approved', is there any other safe way? The problem lies in being certain that any particular prog does not try to connect.
Please read what us very experienced IT people are telling you !

When we say disconnected .... we mean DISCONNECTED.

i.e. never, ever , ever connected to the internet ever again ... I don't care if its only sometimes/intermittently/whatever...... we mean NEVER connected.

As I've said time and time again.... I don't care what third party "security" tools (e.g. Zone Alarm) you are thinking of running on your obsolete good for nothing XP system.... they are ALL vulnerable because the operating system and system APIs they rely on are vulnerable. You wouldn't build a house on weak foundations in the middle of a boggy swamp-like field.... well that's exactly what you're proposing when you're thinking of running "security" software on XP after April the 8th..... its utterly pointless.

mixture to be honest I think your screwed. It doesn't matter how much the IT pros go on about it there will be millions and millions of XP computers out there for years and years.
Yeah, and all you clinger on home users sit there and don't give a damn, whilst the rest of us have to spend thousands and expend thousands of man-hours fighting DDoS and spam attacks launched by your infested zombie computers against corporate networks and ISP infrastructure.

Thanks very much indeed.