PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 16:24
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ PLINKY DEL MAYO

Quote:
At this moment in time easyJet, Monarch, Qatar & BA. The exception is that eJ will take the Take-Off pilots.
JD, although I would agree that the ATP scheme is as good as dead, that statement is total utter BS!
Please can you expand on why you believe this to be so?

Clearly myself and Bloated Stomach have similar understandings although perhaps just a little different. The eJ situation is a little more complex, at this moment in time eJ are not considering ATP's, they have no need for any further cadets past the Wings pool. Informally they have indicated that they may reconsider this if and when they need to and that is it. Quite different from comprehensively saying they will consider them. Even so the likelihood that they will even need to call on them is quite remote, there will be plenty of Wings cadets and experienced guys for their intake over the 2014 winter as it stands now.

flydubai I was told is a long term project and will unlikely produce anything until next year....after the ATP clear out.

Jetstar has many issues still to clear up. Mostly immigration among others so again a long shot and nothing to report. On top of this the numbers will be low and unlikely to require the ATP's. Next year they may require more...but the ATP pool will have been flushed by then.

Ryanair I've heard lots of ifs and buts and again nothing to report however my personal opinion is they are simply doing what they do best, use the competition to get a better deal from their current suppliers. If CAE call their bluff then they will use CTC otherwise it's unlikely to change. This and only if this happens might mean there is some movement in the ATP pool.

As for all the non-believers and the guys/gals with "shiny brochure" syndrome sitting in the ATP pool I suggest you forget about it and if something does amazingly turn up before getting kicked out then consider it a bonus!

go around flaps15 Monarch took a number of ATP pilots in the last two years. That is a fact.
And again for the hard of hearing AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME... If you don't believe me then ask LW directly. You can call ARL up at any time (however you are unlikely to catch him with all the travelling he does). Things change, get used to it! Also are you absolutely sure it is within the last 2 years, according to ARL, not me, there hasn't been any movement from the ATP pool for the last 2 years (except the Take-Off cadets), again call them and ask them.