PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Dynamics: Gyroscopic Precession
Old 24th Mar 2014, 16:07
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab your last post consists ONLY of insults - APPEAL TO MODS PLEASE !

Rude and wrong - why do it?

Bigger chords cause bigger moments that need to be resolved, BY CONTROL FORCES.

10% of Chord is bigger for a bigger chord than a smaller chord. (self evident)
The Bell206 vs H500 are a good example for you. (Hydraulics being required for the bigger chord).

The alternative soloution to resolve larger torsional forces is with 'control gearing' ie length of pitch horns etc but that results in too larger control travel required that may not be able to be accomodated in the cockpit.

The full text that you selectively quote from is this: "the Aerodynamic force on a blade acts at the Center of Pressure, if it is not co-incident with the Pitch Change Axis (almost the same thing as the Longditudinal Axis of a Blade) this will result in a Torsional Force about this Axis, this force will have to be resolved by the Pitch Link (and thereby the control rods and hydraulics if there are any)." You are willfully misquoting it and insulting me - it is outrageous!

Perhaps you could win a discussion by addressing the point with reasoned arguement rather than pathetic and purile insult?
Are you without honour?

Or re-read my posts and you'll see that you are now re-gurgitating what I wrote initially anbout unsymetrical aerofoils, you are hard work but at least I am 'sincerely trying'.

Same old story with you, argue automatically, read text book, find you are wrong and then try to own the arguement by insult

... and AC don't you start, why don't you explain it to Crab instead.