PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 24th Mar 2014, 14:54
satsuma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh ShyTorque, must we really wave our logbooks around to be considered worthy in your eyes?

As ever your contributions to this thread have been based on your armchair's many years of flying experience and thousands of rotary hours. My armchair's done alright for itself too over the years. It's impossible not to be impressed by your wealth of knowledge. However Shy, you've not been shy in telling us about your enormous pension, your willingness to walk and leave others who may not have your clout to continue to dodge bullets, words to the effect of your concern is only for your backside and those immediately connected with your operation and that if others can't stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen. To me, those sentiments seem neither sympathetic or selfless.

I don't care if you don't like my idea. It was just an idea to try and help address what is evidently more accidents waiting to happen to young men trying, in many cases, to cling onto jobs, feed their families and pay off debts. You're beyond that stage in life but have some sympathy for those that aren't. You don't need to fly corporate to be able to see from contributions in this thread and others that the pressures facing them are immense and in some circumstances, unacceptable. SND's mention of a corporate ops manual may be a good starting point. Something has to be done to protect these guys. Something a little more imaginative than, 'If I don't like it, I walk.' Not everyone can walk.