PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 12:52
Airborne_Junglie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's interesting and reassuring to read of the healthy increase in non scheduled and cargo traffic that PIK has achieved. Though with this increase, it does beg the question, surely, of exactly how the rocket scientists in charge have managed to quadruple their losses... especially as a brief glance at the airport infrastructure shows precious little in the way of investment.

It's not a political forum, I agree, but at the same time surely we can all recognise that the Scots Government have hardly covered themselves in glory by leaving in place a management team who have demonstrated their incompetence with great success over the last seven years. Did they really expect a sudden improvement in business acumen, just because there was now a pot of public money to waste instead of using Infratil's overdraft?

I had high hopes when the government took it over, and saw some of the news stories about businesses trying to start there as a really positive step. Looks like I was unduly optimistic - plus ca change, plus c'est meme chose, if you like.