PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 24th Mar 2014, 07:07
John R81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A huge amount of time and trouble has been invested in the system for resisting "nasty rich guy". It is installed in the (mostly right) front seat of the helicopter. Sometimes that device is defective in construction and an element of 'coward' remains, which will cause the device to default to an 'easy' option of 'giving in'. Such devices are unfit for service and should be removed & replaced.

Take responsibility, as training and air law demand, or take off the fancy dress.

And to those posting - stop giving the impression that giving in to nasty rich guy is 'understandable', even 'acceptable' (my interpretation of 'apologist' (my term) postings). It is not, and never will be, acceptable to shirk responsibility for the safety of the aircraft, crew & passengers, and those on the ground during YOUR flight. That is a change within the power of pilots on this board that will have a positive impact on anyone up-and-coming in this industry, like my own child.