PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Pilot shortage: CTC to open a new training center in the USA
Old 24th Mar 2014, 07:00
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
£75K and £110K

As far as I can see the slightly better job of ryr and ezy would be ezy and the starting pay there is £38K, as I understand it from a certain rumour network forum.

I guess if you are the skygod ace of the CTC intake then it is possible to achieve command in 5 years? And the money would improve to such an extent that you can look to start servicing the debt AND buy a house etc etc - I guess upto that point it really has to be one or the other. I simply cannot understand how someone can sleep on a night carrying that sort of debt/return around

The question is... are the Americans going to accept a business model that puts the employee of such a high risk occupation in such an incredibly precarious position?

Hopefully the body of existing pilots in the US and those working their way into the better airlines see what is coming before it is too late. The damage done to the industry in the UK and Europe by the two big locos is clear to see.

It would be nice to think the US model was adopted here rather than the CTC model implemented over the pond. But as it is clear to see money talks