PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where does the UK/JAR "twin only" mentality come from?
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 21:45
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 442 Likes on 234 Posts
The fact that I don't want to give identifying information does not infer, imply nor indicate anything at all about by twin flying credentials.

Your logic is faulty. Perhaps that is related to your illogical belief in duplicating engines (of all things)
Identifying information? Telling us if you have any relevant experience of flying twin engined aircraft?

It's ridiculous to expect anyone on a professional forum to believe that illogical excuse. This constant "thing" against twin engined aircraft is both flawed and vacuous and is beginning to sound like a cracked record.

Your logic is faulty in more than one way. The reason twin engined aircraft appear in certain role accident statistics is because single engined aircraft are not allowed to carry out those roles. E.g. Night, or IFR, or offshore public transport.

Also, anyone old enough to have operated exclusively the old piston engined types you refer to would now be too old to still be flying commercially as a single pilot.

FYI, For some jobs (not all) I'd happily take an appropriately equipped, powerful modern single over a poorly equipped, older twin, including into IMC. I have experience of doing so, which I doubt you have, at least not legally. Now, see if you can, by your own logic, identify who I am.