PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 21:37
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK fair point, but I try and back it up with info and context.
The problem is the future not PIK's glorious past, show me another airport that makes a return on running cargo services alone in the UK?
If you take the time again, please, to read what I said, you will discover it's not just cargo. You know there's a fair bit of military traffic I imagine? Transit and training as well? There are a few airfields that get by as a going concern with much less. My key point is the business needs to be right sized with fewer costly overheads, like an enormous glass building that's falling down for example. PIK is likely to be more of Kemble or a Coventry in future I suspect. It's no accident that the other UK airport "run" by the geniuses at Infratil is about to close (Manston)

And why have Ryanair loaded their Dublin winter schedule showing PIK when they are moving to GLA on Oct 14th so we're told as 'FACT' ?
Careful, this genuinely means nothing and can be changed at the flick of a switch, as Wizz were as NWA and Air Canada were before them. The airline will maintain and sell into the market at all times to keep business as usual until any decision is made public. To me the question is whether FR ae going to bring additional traffic to Scotland via GLA with non based aircraft or simply move the PIK base.