PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have your husband's salary back please?
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 10:55
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOMere2eternity

I agree with your points. Whatever the name of the body involved it has to be independant. Just as a point for discussion, during the last redundancy phase we lost 8000? jobs approx in the airforce alone, let alone the numbers from the other three services. If Sainsbury's were to close down some supermarkets with the loss of 2000 jobs it would be a headline on news at ten. We never even made it to that status! Bye the way the majority of the general public still think the uniformed boys get free rent! I run my own company now but would gladly give it up to start a tri-service federation. The puplic need educating. The British public are excellent, and if they are informed they tend to vote on what they believe is good for the country, and just like the NHS, they really believe(in my opinion) that the british military are the best in the world, and are good for this country! Any one out there want to help me???