PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 13:19
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShyT;

Absolutely right. The name on the tech log carries everything.

Satsuma;

There is a requirement under Eu Ops for a "Corporate Operations Manual" which will set down minima etc and contain a very basic SMS. Personally I don't think it will give any protection for pilots working in the corporate field, just give the lawyers someone to sue if it all goes wrong and the pilot has stepped outside the manual under intense pressure. (lets face it not many of us would expect to be able to answer for our actions after such a situation anyway) I'm lucky I have AOC protection, but many don't and having worked in that situation I know how serious the pressure can be. ShyTorque has written a lot of sense in this thread, I have met him, know the equipment he flies and sometimes share a pilots' lounge with him and know how seriously he takes what he does. Both of us are old and ugly enough to really stand up for what we know is right. If the customer/owner is not prepared to listen there are plenty of people out there prepared to bite their tongues and take his money and hope. I won't operate using hope, but use the thousands of hours of experience and knowledge me and my colleagues have, as I wrote earlier, I am a professional adviser to my clients, just like their lawyers and accountants, if they won't listen then I won't take their money.

SND