PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMPORTANT - calling ex-Dowty Propellor personnel
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 11:31
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, one of them was removed whilst it was still set in a windmilling position,
Fortunately, you still have the other , mounted and "safe"

Provided you have, or can obtain, the service-documentation, it should be relatively simple to dismantle that one and thus understand how to go about rendering the other one safe.

You appear to be making an assumption that the warning is primarily about the spring......It could be, that removing wrongly, will damage / sieze closed a hydraulic valve, thereby locking it permanently in the position it is now in.
I may well be talking out of my arse here, but Iam just trying to apply lateral thought to the problem....you have an opportunity to reverse-engineer the buildup.

Someone, somewhere , will have the documentation (I know, that's why you're appealing on PPrune! ) There's no way that an expensive and complex bit of kit like that, would enter service with all the information stored only in the heads of a select coterie of maintenance engineers.