PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 07:09
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QED;

On Bill's payroll, obviously don't have AOPA's interests at heart !

If ever anyone needed proof of an election fought entirely on a dislike for a personality, this must be it.

I have been preached to by "team AOPA" supporters that what AOPA needs are team players not individuals. great idea, but what all forgot to say, you must be on their team or they will not play with you.

Has it ever entered anyones mind that perhaps "team AOPA" won't win all 9, (or even 11 if it comes to that EGM), seats on the board. What do we do with those who don't meet with "team AOPA's) ideals?

Send them to coventry.

Make them irrelevant.

Pretend they are not there ???

If "team AOPA" get 75% of the vote and the 25% are hounded out, would it not be reasonable for the 25% of the 4300 members who voted for them, (1075 members), feel equally hounded out.

By your lot persisting with your efforts to win a power grab at Bill Hamilton's expense, you are possibly alienating these 1000+ members and you stand to loose not win a membership increase.

I believe that there are many more of the mainstream members who hold Bill in high esteem. Time will tell.

Suppose Bill and his "cronies" get 50% and your lot 50%, tell me how this "team" is supposed to get on.

Tell me also, will "team AOPA" still call an EGM if they win the 9 seats or just call one if you don't like the results?

To get back to team AOPA's original idea that doors would open for Marjorie, but be slammed to Bill, if you don't get your way, will you resort to vile and slanderous dialogue with CASA like you have with axiom (especially that by evil little emuar$e)?

I believe most have already voted by now and your lot have been shown up for what you are.

A mob of power grabbers who would destroy any individual who you thought would be a threat to your asperations even if they had AOPA's future and welfare in mind.

But then again, it's pointless preaching to the already committed.

Axiom has served his purpose and your replies will fall on deaf ears.

Just for the information of those who thought they had axiom's identity tagged, like woomera he is a multi headed identity.