PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 05:49
Coagie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James7: Lithium Fire that is the number 1 suspect. Just how many Lithium batteries were on board. Why the secret!
I had a recent post throwing out food for thought, that Halon may have been deployed as a fire suppressant, putting out the fire, but somehow it got into the cabin or cockpit and displacing the oxygen, but it apparently was taken out by the moderator. I had a link to the Boeing website, so maybe that's why they took it out. Anyway, just like in the AF447 search, you have the cat guarding the canary scenario, because the Malaysian airline is mostly owned by the Malaysian government, and since it was their aircraft, they take the lead in the investigation. If Lithium Ion batteries were illegally shipped knowingly on MH370, and those batteries were involved with MH370's demise, Malaysia would have all the liability, so the Malaysian government would go through the motions and do what they think is minimally required in an investigation, but not with any special insight or focus, hoping that emotions cool off after a couple of years, so they could settle much cheaper with the families of the victims. France didn't bring the US into the search for AF447, except to borrow some equipment, but a couple of years later, an American contractor practically went right to the wreckage. Who knows? Maybe, maybe not on this scenario for both AF447 and MH370, but nothing surprises me anymore.