PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 02:23
rampstalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dumb press comments

Yes I agree with some comments made a good few threads back about dumb comments and pure speculation as to the cause or causes of this incident. The so called experts of the press are reading all this and then dress it up and poke it out on the air. Ive watched enough crap being aired and then remebered a comment on here in a prior thread.

Just to let all know I am an engineer that has been involved in this industry from year 1970 to date and have seen a few tragic incidents in that time. But never in all of these years have I ever been witness to such an incident of this nature. The Malays as far as I can see have handled this well. Yes a few bumbling incidents on TV but lets face it, no one has ever had to face this before so there was no script to work to. As for the slagging of the flight crews by a good few on here I find that just unacceptable. There is no eveidence as yet of any actions by the flight crews that have been proven to have caused this to be where it is. I refuse to listen or accept any ones statements untill the investigation has been completed and published. All your words are picked up by the press and as I said dressed up to make a story for the next edition.
The flight crews are members of our industry and we should stand by them in this hour and not allow the reputations to be tarnished. Or is it because some of you veiw them as being 2nd class due to nationality so can be slagged off in this way. Come guys for all we know every on that flight may be totaly inocent and victims of a very tragic accident the likes of which this industry has never seen before.
Let the Malays and the other interested searchers conclude this sad sorry situation and we can await the results and act on them as I am sure there will be changes to equipment and SOPs as a result.

As for the press reading this I will bet my next pay check that they will not report on this thread, but I am calling on all to support the crews(air & ground) untill such time as the results are published.

MAS its for sure a situation no one else has ever faced and I must say I admire the way you guys handle it. If the press handled the coverage a bit better then the pax familys would not be so agitated