PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL CheckRide and Logbooks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 23:18
funkydreadlocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATPL CheckRide and Logbooks

Hello!

I'm in the middle of my ATPL theoretical (modular). There are two things that remain unclear to me. I was hoping some of you could clarify this a bit.

1) ATPL Checkride (?)

Is there one? there certainly seems to be one.

So if so, when does it happen? Let's I assume I pass the theory, CPL, IR, ME & MCC. I have 250h (or just under) of flight time. I have done the modules at different schools.

I'm not an official fATPL, right? Can someone please explain to me what is meant to happen next?

Do I have to book a checkride on a ME aircraft/simulator with an examiner who will test all the necessary skills to be an ATP?

2) Logbook across borders

I have a French JAA logbook. Nice and blue and...most of the entries are written in french. Not only that, but I was never taught during my PPL to note down the number of take offs and landings I've done in each flight.

Is this a problem? Should I start now? Should I buy a new logbook and have it resigned by the instructors that taught me my PPL?

I have means (very troublesome, but they're there) to find out how many take offs and landings I've done overall.

My mind is buzzing buzzing buzzing.

Thanks a lot guys.

Happy flying