PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's going on with the A380?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 06:15
BBriscoe

To be honest, I completely disagree.

2 years ago I was very sceptical towards Airbus and philosophy behind their aircraft. However, since flying them, I have completely changed my opinion of them. They are very different to Boeing and other aircraft, and it is this 'difference' that makes people feel uneasy about the Airbus aircraft. People are afraid of change, and Airbus has changed a lot of the way in which aircraft are handled.

I transfered off the B744 fleet to the Airbus short haul fleet (long story!) and before my conversion training I was very uneasy about the Airbus aircraft, especially after flying the queen of the skies! However, I have fallen in love with the A320 and A319.

Now, I have no preference to either Boeing or Airbus.

In answer to your first question, there is no way Airbus will go bankrupt, especially with the way their orders are going at the moment. The A380 project is definitely going ahead, in fact Airbus are in the process of just finishing their final assembly building for the A380, if I'm not mistaken?

Airbus aircraft are just as good quality as the aircraft being produced by Boeing at the moment. This is shown in their delivery figures for last month, which are almost identical.

If it's not Airbus OR Boeing...I ain't going!