PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 2016?
Thread: SDSR 2016?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 22:04
Stendec5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prOOne. The British armed forces ARE shrinking to the point were they cannot do their job. The RAF, for example until recently had the job of patrolling our sea lanes using the best aircraft in the world for that task. Now, due to the ongoing assault on the armed forces by the present political clique, the RAF is unable to do that job. This leaves Britain, a maritime nation, dangerously exposed. What part of that don't you understand?
The world is growing more unstable not less. The armed forces are the ultimate insurance policy against national oblivion. If those forces are reduced in capability/numbers/actual fighting prowess, to the point were they could not contest the field against a serious opponent because they lack sufficient trained manpower/sufficient numbers of ships/vehicles/aircraft/logistics, then those forces will be overwhelmed. The consequences for national survival would then become perilous indeed. That you regard such opinion as "BS" speaks volumes.
You think that spending large amounts of money absolves the rabble in Westminster? I've heared the same argument in regard to the NHS, education, social services etc. Whatever money is being spent, clearly it is NOT ENOUGH. Although a root and branch sort-out of defence procurement is long overdue.
Given that you sound like a typical PR man/person for the lib-lab-con, and are obviously rabidly keen to defend their record viz the "defence" of Her Majesty's Realm, it is not unreasonable to refer to those creatures as your "apparent friends." So I did/do.
"Anyone proposing treason is a traitor?" As Napoleon once said, "He who saves a nation violates no law." I myself, though unworthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bony. Fully concur.