PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 16:41
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldg
If you are saying you think it flew along those arcs You need to go back and read answers.

Anyway i will tell you those arcs are all the radials from the satellite to the 40 deg range, it did not fly along the arc it could be on anywhere on either one of them.
- I take it then you do not subscribe to the current search area (on the 40 degree arc) having started in the South China Sea on the same arc? Perhaps you have another theory as to how it went from one to the other while appearing to be on the '40 degree' arc with 7 hourly signals all at that elevation? Pontious - I assume the same? - You do not believe it went down to the South Indian Ocean off Aus either? By the way, these arcs are NOT subtended by 'radials' but by position lines.

Thank you, Lonewolf - I have always been suspicious of 'co-incidences'. We will share the eyebrows.

Yes, everyone, I do understand the margins of error (as yet unknown) on this '40 degree arc', but I still reckon that the odds of the a/c tracking ACROSS the arcs and at least one ping being at some other angle would be high.

Are we to assume from the sketchy info so far that the 'elevation' of the first ping after comms loss (supposedly Malacca) was the same as the previous (north of Malaysia?).

fg - thanks for PM - don't forget we (some) are assuming the a/c WAS on that arc when it supposedly crashed - co-incidence?