PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I sacrifice my braces to attempt to become a pilot in the RAF?
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 11:05
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"You have to want to fly so bad that you dream about it, talk about it, work very, very hard to get it, give up other things that are not directly relevant to it, take every opportunity to experience it. Anything less will be quickly identified as an indication of lack of commitment".
About 5-6 years ago I met a guy who trained with Manchester United from 11-16, its a schools thing they do up there when ask all local schools to send couple of their best year group. No guranatee of anything and they just train 1 evening a week with club.
Guy spent 5 years doing it and some growing issues prevented them signing him, in a different year they would have waited BUT his cohort included their Youth dream team, yup Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles etc.
He stated that what was different between them and him was he started getting interested at 16 in girls and stuff where as they were driven by a passion to succeed in football and even then he knew guys who had that passion but an injury at wrong time left them way behind.

Image gear has it nailed on the head that anything other than 110% commitment and doing everything to get in there means you just not ready.

Your teeth can come later.