PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 08:41
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
***** taurorum animas conturbit

Sarcs...

You are 1,000% correct regarding the Government's ridiculous response about the refusal by ATSB management to recover the recorders.

I cannot believe Truss and Co have been so fkucing rock-hard STUPID that they to accepted the reasons provided by Dolan and Co. to justify the ATSB's failure to recover the recorders.

Look carefully at the timeframes - the decision NOT to recover the recorders was made at an early stage of the investigation as far as I can understand, so how come, at that EARLY stage, was the ATSB so confident that the recorders wouldn't reveal data that wasn't available from other sources.

It's totally implausible to think that was seriously entertained by Dolan and Co.

I can think of some REALLY, REALLY important data that might have been revealed from the CVR - and it concerns information that wasn't really covered properly by the investigation - THE ROLE OF THE CO-PILOT.

Also, it would have revealed what was discussed by the crew regarding the decision to ditch, and in particular, what instructions were provided to the occupants.

The Minister's response to Recommendation 1 defies belief, and provides a stark indication that the Minister, like his predecessor, really doesn't have a clue what it's all about, and that he seems to believe, like the idiot running the ATSB, that bulsh1t baffles brains.

There is NO hope while this nonsense continues.

Creampuff's right, time to lobby the marginals.