PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 08:39
2dPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was sent the following link by another ppruner who was not sure if it was useful. It shows the military radar plot of the LKP. It is hard to interpret a dynamic plot from a single screen shot.

Interestingly, as far as I can see, this is a raw radar plot and I cannot make out any track label on MH370 although the radar has an electronic map overlay.

What I think they have shown with the arrow is MH370 LKP. If they think it is returning from the east what did they think seeing it so far west?

Also this position is west, towards the satellite ground position which suggests that the aircraft had to have an easterly track component to reach the northern arc and a southerly one to reach the southern arc (assuming that Indonesian radar is correct with no track). Either way, pings preceding the last ping should show first movement west followed by movement east.

As usual it is in Mandarin.

??????????????? ??????[??] _????_???
Which Translates as:

March 21 , Malaysian military representatives in Beijing Lido Hotel Malaysia Airlines lost contact with the families of airline passengers to meet military radar screenshot released . Source : CFP

China News Network March 21 the day of 11:00 , Malaysia, the military announced on behalf of the military radar shots in Beijing Lido Hotel. Screenshot shows , Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 lost contact last appeared on the radar screen of the Air Force Ma time at 2:22 on March 8 , from the Macedonian side air base of 200 nautical miles.

Malaysian military representative said the plane was last seen at 2:22 on the radar screen of the Air Force , Air Force Base, 200 sea miles away . Aircraft exhumation , but considered returning the aircraft is a normal phenomenon , determine takeoff point is Kuala Lumpur , it is considered to be friendly.

According to Legal Evening News reported that the military radar , lost contact after flight MH370 signs return, the aircraft turned around , flew over the Malay Peninsula , to Penang direction . But because the plane was taking off from Kuala Lumpur , so the flight was considered friendly , so did not issue a warning signal or intercept command. At 2:02 on the 8th , radar to detect aircraft in the vicinity of Perak Island. Subsequently, the horse near the Strait of Malacca military radar last detected traces of the MH370 .