PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obsessive compulsive disorder among pilots
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 08:03
Scott C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsessive compulsive disorder among pilots

My God! The guy asked a question and you've all come down on him like a ton of bricks! - it's no wonder so many people are reluctant to post on this forum.

@dubbleyew eight, I don't see how asking if anyone else suffers with OCD is slagging others off... Maybe you're just on this forum to spit venom as that's how your posts read.

@Big Pistons Forever, do you thing you might be in the wrong job if you think that a student asking questions is "whining?" Not something I'd've expected to hear from my instructor..!

I have to deal with OCD everyday. I too follow the checklist to the letter. On my walk around, I check EVERYTHING - when I was training my instructor used to joke that I checked the aircraft more thoroughly than the engineers.

Away from flying, as an example, when I wash up everything gets put in order on the draining board rack, cups are aligned perfectly and when making a cup of tea for a number of people, all the cups have to be inline and the handles all facing to the front... I can't help it, it's the way I am.

I would rather fly with somebody who will actually check things properly, compared to some pilots I've seen that just look at the aircraft, see nothing has fallen off, then go flying!