PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2014, 22:45
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post BRISTOW MAJOR FIRE PORT HARCOURT

The main thing is that nobody seems to have been hurt.

I don't know if damage has been done to the 2 new hangars, but I would have thought that cheap fabric hangars must be much more susceptible to fire damage than traditional metal ones.

Two Super Pumas lost I heard. Also heard that the fire started from one of the two which was on a check. Lots of stores lost to fire too. The big problem seems to have been that the Bristow staff present were incapable of dealing with the fire alone and things could have been much worse if they hadn't had a lot of help from their adjoining neighbours from Caverton and Aero.

Let's see if the 'just culture' prevails in view of the instruction from Akin Oni that nothing must be discussed or posted on the internet until the outcome of the internal inquiry . With Port Harcourt rumoured to be the 'whistleblower capital of Bristow, I wonder if the number of anonymous reports will increase?

Many people have said that the 2 Super Pumas were just a problem, possibly because they're only 332L2s in the Bristow inventory worldwide, but I'm sure most people wouldn't want to see this as being a solution to the problem. It's a shame, because they did sterling work in Norway.

Total are sure to start some kind of a witch hunt because that's their way . Strange, because they always give preference to French machines (or European machines if they can't get French). This won't be good for future Total contracts with Bristow.