PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian and arab passengers !!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 01:51
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psr777,
I think the enquiry was not offending per se. What might eventually be offending is the answers (evil eye from Mods). I think that we are grown up enough to try and give an explanation to what is a common "radio galley" topic. We have all heard at some stage of our career that "the X people" are bad pax. So let's try and sort out some intelligent answers, that also might explain what alternative question gift might have asked instead...

I'll start with my 2 cents (Euro ).
I think that speaking of "X" pas is generalizing too much. Two different cabins of "X"pax might be totally different. But it is true that some nationalities tend to have the same characteristics.
Then it is only a matter of your personal taste which one you like or not. In my company Long Haul is divided in 4 different sectors: Asia, Africa/Middle East, Caribbean/Indian Ocean, Americas. I daily talk to collegues who explain that they chose Asia, or Africa etc because they prefer the kind of pax who fly those routes, and all have different reasons. So there is no unanimity over the issue. The mistake we must avoid is to judge pax of different nationality than ours, and with our measures. My company provides CC information about the different kind of customers. That's really helpful to avoid common mistakes and make them feel not too culturally disoriented. I personally flew lots of Indian routes, and think that once you have understood what those pax appreciate, they are very easy to "handle".
BTW, some time ago Flapsforty gave a very intelligent answer when the issue of Israeli pax was raised here . I find her answer exemplary of the right attitude towards dealing with different cultures.