PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2014, 13:49
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The clue is in Alan being able to get away with not answering the question.

I can't help but feel that most of these senators don't want to upset the Qantas applecart and compromise their privileged access to Qantas's airport lounges in any way, that's how it is with most politicians unfortunately. Pity there may not even be a Qantas airport lounge for them in the future, but that argument remains invisible to the short term thinkers.

I also find it rather disingenuous for the senate inquiry to simply take Alan's word on many things without presentation of evidence including the support he claims he has.

The QSA is being presented to the senators as an archaic business safety instrument that is no longer relevant to modern corporate business practices and is indeed a hindrance to making a profit thus should be repealed. But what do senators know about running an airline? Embarrassingly, the same question can be said of Alan and his board.

It's looking like it's going to be an ugly pillage of Qantas leaving the government to deal with the empty carcass of the former flagship carrier while Sol Trujello Mk2, oops I meant Alan Joyce takes his money and does a runner back to Ireland.