PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operational Honours and Awards List: 21 March 2014
Old 21st Mar 2014, 13:47
Easy Street

Received 78 Likes on 35 Posts
Rector16 / 500N - I don't want to be picky, but I suggest you both read the first line of my post again, which quite clearly referred to the MBE / QCVS only. I stand by my ability to count.

These are the awards for which most of the field is eligible, regardless of whether or not they happen to have found themselves in a sticky situation, and there was only one of each on the Afghanistan list (yes, there was a CBE on there as well, not that many are in with a shot at one of those due to the rank guidelines, and our senior officers seem to get well looked-after in terms of citations). I know there were a couple more on the 'Rest of World' list - these, as far as I can see, are the senior CAOC / UK Air Component HQ officers I referred to (CBE for the UK ACC and QCVS for a couple of his Wg Cdrs). I'm just surprised that we could only muster two sufficiently well-written "good job well done" citations for the rank-and-file across the whole of Afghanistan, given the number of RAF personnel who are still out there.

I deliberately wasn't counting the numbers of DFC, MiD and QCBA in my whinge as they are (rightfully) only written up in specific circumstances, and there's clearly no way of telling how many is the "right" number in any 6-month period.

Last edited by Easy Street; 21st Mar 2014 at 14:00.