PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2014, 11:25
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
even though CTC follows seniority on airline placement when they can
I sincerely doubt that. CTC will do whatever makes them more money and it's as simple as that. Why do you think they are dropping all the ATPers that are already in the pool patiently waiting....not to be "fair", it's simply so they can open the AQC to others again and charge ~4 times what other companies charge for the same thing. A money spinner that even MOL will be envious of!

I also understand that they are doing quite well at this Take-Off program and want to attract more into that. What better sales line than "oh yes there are around 90 in the ATP pool now but when you finish there will be <10" & "eJ like the Take-Off guys as well as Wings Cadets".

Nothing short of a complete farce and I sympathise with the guys/gals that are in the ATP pool and are simply going to be cast aside.

Good luck to him I say. You see, modular can work
Depends on your point of view I guess, didn't work for all the other modular guys/gals in the ATP pool. I am sure this move was not driven by eJ but by CTC itself. They know what they are doing....making money and lots of it!

Word on the street is BA have approached CTC and asked for lots of cadets to start ASAP. (Non FPP by the way)
Again depends on your point of view, BA are due to take ~70 cadets this year, how many were already tagged I don't know but I would have a guess that around 50 so if you think 20 is a lot then so be it.