PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2014, 07:22
ExSp33db1rd

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
@ExSp33db1rd

Maybe the role should be to constantly point out that one or both of the pilots may be totally inocent and to support them and their families until the facts are known.Quote:
Quote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW if malyasian air has a pilot's union? IFALP? wondering why we haven't heard from them if they have one?

Why should we, if there's nothing to say, don't say it ?

We don't know if the pilots were HERO or ZERO, and 'suggestions' that the pilots might have been implicated in some deliberate way are perfectly valid at the moment but until any unproven allegations are made against them the Union has no role to play - yet.
Totally agree, and I hope that they are in fact giving the families that support, I would expect no less from my membership in similar circumstances, but the question was asked as to why "we" hadn't heard from them, "we" don't need to know at this stage, and if the support isn't there, what are "we" able to do about it anyway ?

I repeat, if there's nothing to say, don't say it - just get on with it. The Malaysian Pilots' Union - if there is one - doesn't need our approval or otherwise.
It might be "nice" to know, it certainly isn't "need" to know.