PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I sacrifice my braces to attempt to become a pilot in the RAF?
Old 20th Mar 2014, 17:22
jackocooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all the replies!
If I was guaranteed a place, I wouldn't have to think twice about getting rid of these braces. I'd have them straight off. If I get them off, I'm going to have to take a risk as I may not be accepted into the RAF. That risk is what I'm having difficulty deciding on. I am confident I am what they are looking for but I have my doubts. My eye sight is good, but not perfect. I have been told by an optician that I have a "very high standard of vision", although I am in the slightest bit short sighted in one eye.
And as for the team leading and group discussions. Am I going to be able to stand out above everyone else who I am against?
It is a tough decision but I don't want to look back in 1 year as I'm waiting for the recruitment to reopen "I wish I took that chance". But then again I don't want to be thinking "I wish I kept my braces" as I'm returning home knowing I've not been accepted....mind you I may regret if I don't go for it now!