PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with your ATPL if airline flying is not for you?
Old 20th Mar 2014, 16:35
wilga_pzl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there! Took some time to think it all over. Took advice given here and done some prospect on different jobs, different hour requirements. Didn't come to any final conclusion, but as for now, i understood that the wisest thing to do would be to get CFI and take some more time to think (and hopefully - a bit more hours to log). Probably, it would be better solution to try to slip into airline, but it's not for my budget ( tr,mcc,crm... ).
redsnail , thanks for advice and info! Yeah, getting some turboprop hours and ATPL would be the best scenario,but maybe later (see above). Do you really think there's a chance to get into AG ops with a few hundred hours radial? I thought they all switched to turboprops and require 1000+h experience, correct me if i'm wrong.
Also,what if i manage to get Aussie/NZ visa? Do you think there could be a chance(even a small one) to find smth there?
Kash360 Totally agree with you, sitting at home and waiting for a job to come to you isn't the best option and it's a frequent mistake of pilots searching for it The main question is: where to go? It's like waiting for a good hand in poker to go all in and hoping that fortune is on your side. When i'll decide which region is the best option to go, i'll definately go all in.