PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking the plunge.
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 16:05
b.a. Baracus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is something that I have always wanted to do.

However, I struggle to get my head around the huge investment required - circa £100k. Needless to say that is an eye watering sum of money. There are also no guarantees of employment at the end of training.

In terms of the debate regarding Bristow Academy. I guess it would make sense to go there as by not attending that school you have effectively reduced your employment chances by a third (in the NS). I have only ever heard good things about the setup over in Titusville.

Do Bristow consider people who have completed PPL(H) and hour building in the UK for example and then complete the CPL (shorter course) at BA or does it have to be the full ab-initio course through the BA?

Which potential employers would you be looking at with a fresh CPL/ME(IR) - Bristow, Bond, CHC, Dancopter. With low hours are you limited to companies serving the Oil & Gas industry?

Does anybody have any details on the employment statistics for graduates coming out of BA? What sort of support do BA offer in terms of job hunting etc?

Do people think the changes being brought about in terms of reduced pax and being located next to an exit will transpire into more flights and therefore more crews being required?

An interesting point raised in the previous post. Do many NS pilots move into HEMS, Police work etc? I had heard that terms and conditions were better in the NS rather than in HEMS, Police etc.