PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 15:44
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Links Air

TimmyW - I agree it's odd that LinksAir cannot take payment on the web for bookings. Having said that, I've phoned them a few times using the number on their website during office hours and always had the phone answered in a reasonable period of time, certainly less than a minute.

I spoke at length a couple of times with someone on the reservations phone number - their explanation was that their website used one protocol for handling credit cards, while the card processing company used a different protocol. When I gave them a credit card (not a debit card !) by phone, they managed to handle the ticketing OK.

For now, I'm inclined to give Links Air the benefit of the doubt for a non-critical flight. The price of a one-way flight is not that large. If the plane don't fly, my credit card issuer will want to do a chargeback. If they cancel too many flights, the CAA will be onto them eventually. They're a small company based at an airport which badly needs a new carrier - sometimes one needs to be a little more forgiving of the small guy when compared to a large corporate.