PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 03:15
fg32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have found something so ridiculous it just has to be a stupid coincidence, but the logic is so good, I feel compelled to share it with you, even at risk of upsetting the mods.

Question…..If the best place to start looking on the southern arc is where the Aussies are now starting to search, where is the best place on the northern arc ?

Answer….In the symmetrical location in the northern hemisphere, i.e. just turn the Aussies South Latitudes into North Latitudes.

In planning their search, the Aussies will I suggest (unlike us and the press) have had full access to all the pings, at best accuracy, and will have done the best possible calculations to merge and reconcile them based on suitable assumptions ("joining the dots").

And here's the point: apart from some differences near the beginning, where uncertainty is big anyway, such calculations would likely be equally valid in either hemisphere.

So I looked.

Takliman Desert. Uyghurs.

I wish I hadn't found this…its too stupid for words.

It really looks as though - if the Aussies were in the Northern Hemisphere, they'd be searching the land of the very Ughyur terrorists who were the first and only group to have claimed this disappearance as their work. The claim was, it seems, laughed out of court.

You couldn't make it up, could you?
Please someone check and tell me I'm wrong. It makes no logical sense at all. It has to be either error or coincidence.

I see no possible reason to take MH370 there.

PS…incidentally, the Aussie search area is bang on the 40 degree arc…they obviously believe in the Inmarsat data.